GROW. . .In Your Family
We all live busy lives, but nothing could be quite as important as making sure our marriages and children are growing spiritually--that we are equipping parents to teach our kids and teens to live out their faith in personal and meaningful ways.
Family ministries at the Beacon exists to: inspire, eqip, and support parents to give their children a biblical foundation for life.
- Deuteronomy 6:6-9 "These commandments that I give to you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates."
- See Genesis 18:19, Deuteronomy 4:10, Deuteronomy 32:46, Joshua 24:15, Psalm 78:5-6
**Family Resources available HERE or under the Resources tab.
What would it look like to give our kids and students a compelling faith?
What if we challenged them to know something more than just a long list of people and places? What if our kids and students regularly encountered God?
What if they learned to hear God's voice and to respond?
The Beacon desires to see these questions answered. Our goal is to grow spiritually healthy families. We would like to foster a generation that has an active relationship with God and who are looking for a way to bring the Kingdom of God here.
CORE VALUES - We believe that, to grow spiritually healthy families, parents must be equipped to:
- be the primary nurturers of their child's faith (Deuteronomy 6)
- partner with the faith community, who plays a supportive role in this endeavor (Ephesians 4)
- remain dependent on the Holy Spirit to bring about spiritual grown and formation when and as He chooses (Philippians 2:13).
WHAT WE TEACH - The Beacon uses David C. Cook's Tru curriculum in our Early Childhood and Elementary classrooms.